This Fig Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash is the right fall salad loaded with leafy greens, recent figs, crunchy pecans, and creamy goat cheese all tossed with a wealthy balsamic dressing!
Oh how I really like a great fall salad this time of yr to stability out all these cozy consolation meals dishes we’re all presently having fun with! This salad is loaded with peppery arugula, candy recent figs, completely roasted butternut squash (with cinnamon!), crunchy pecans, creamy goat cheese and scrumptious pops of dried cranberries all drizzled with a scrumptious maple balsamic dressing. I do know. There may be A LOT happening. However so price it in the absolute best manner. The flavors are unbelievable and I promise this can be a salad it would be best to add to your menu this season!
Why You will Love this Salad
- So many scrumptious flavors and textures on this salad!
- Loaded with seasonal recent fruits and veggies.
- The butternut squash is roasted in cinnamon and cayenne for the right candy and spicy combo.
- This maple balsamic dressing must be a staple in your kitchen this season!
- This salad can be tremendous fairly to have a look at 😉
Components You will Want
- Leafy greens – I really like the peppery style of arugula on this salad, however any mixture of leafy greens will work
- Figs – I used recent figs on this salad which tastes wonderful with the balsamic dressing! You might additionally use dried figs, however remember these are typically greater in sugar
- Butternut squash – this makes the salad so filling roasted with heat cinnamon, a little bit cayenne, salt and pepper which is my favourite taste combo. You might additionally roast candy potatoes or different squash
- Crumbled cheese – I used crumbled goat cheese, however feta, gorgonzola and even blue cheese would all style nice on this salad. To maintain this vegan, merely omit the cheese altogether or use your favourite vegan choice
- Pecans – these add a pleasant crunch to the salad and you could possibly additionally use chopped walnuts, almonds or cashews. My candied maple walnuts would additionally make a scrumptious addition made with maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon!
- Dried cranberries – good little pops of sweetness all through the salad together with some added colour
- Maple Balsamic Dressing – made with a mix of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and recent thyme
Find out how to Roast Butternut Squash
Roasting butternut squash is tremendous easy and tastes completely scrumptious! First, you will need to peel and slice the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes and toss them in a bowl with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper, mixing properly till the squash is evenly coated. Subsequent, switch the butternut squash cubes onto a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick spray and roast within the oven at 400 levels F for 25 to half-hour, flipping the squash midway by means of. The butternut squash is finished when it is fork tender and beginning to brown.
Maple Balsamic Dressing (the BEST!)
I completely LOVE this maple balsamic dressing and it’s actually what makes this salad so wonderful! This dressing is wealthy, tangy and simply made with simply 5 easy elements – balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and recent thyme. Not solely does this dressing style nice on salads, however I like to drizzle it on veggies, use it as a marinade for rooster, fish or steak, toss it in pasta salads, and a lot extra. You too can make this proper in your blender in lower than 5 minutes or just shake all of it up in a jar!
I all the time make my very own salad dressings proper at dwelling as a result of I usually have already got all of the elements available in my pantry or fridge, it is budget-friendly and actually simply tastes so a lot better than the bottled stuff from the shop.
Find out how to Make this Salad
- Roast the squash. Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Fastidiously peel and slice the butternut squash, chopping it into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper till fully coated. Unfold the butternut squash out on a ready baking sheet in a single layer and roast within the oven for about 25 to half-hour, flipping them as soon as midway by means of.
- Make the balsamic dressing. Whereas the squash is roasting, mix all of the elements for the maple balsamic dressing in a blender and course of till clean or just whisk collectively all the things in a mason jar till emulsified.
- Assemble the salad. Mix the arugula, figs, pecans and dried cranberries in a big bowl and toss with the balsamic dressing. Fold within the roasted butternut squash and sprinkle with goat cheese and recent thyme. Serve and revel in!
Extra Salad Recipes You will Love
Hope you all get pleasure from this Fig Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and for those who love this recipe as a lot as we did, please go away me a five-star score beneath and do not forget to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I really like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 30 minutes
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
For the Butternut Squash:
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled and lower into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to style
- 6 to 7 cups arugula
- 6 to 8 recent figs, quartered
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- maple balsamic herb dressing (recipe)
- Sprinkle with recent thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Roast the squash: Fastidiously peel and slice the butternut squash, chopping it into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper till fully coated. Unfold butternut squash out on ready baking sheet in a single layer and roast within the oven for about 25 to half-hour, flipping them as soon as midway by means of.
- Make the balsamic dressing: Mix all of the elements for the maple balsamic dressing in a blender and course of till clean or just whisk all the things collectively in a mason jar till emulsified.
- Assemble the salad: Mix arugula, figs, pecans and dried cranberries in a big bowl and toss with dressing. Fold within the roasted butternut squash and sprinkle with goat cheese and recent thyme, serve and revel in!
*This salad will final about 3 days in your fridge, however positively tastes greatest instantly after making it. If planning to get pleasure from this for a couple of days, I counsel dressing particular person parts with the salad dressing in order that the arugula stays recent.
- Serving Dimension: 1/sixth of recipe
- Energy: 265
- Sugar: 19.4 g
- Sodium: 167.7 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fats: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Fibers: 2.8 g
- Proteins: 3.5 g
* Please observe that every one vitamin data is simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for probably the most correct outcomes.